The life experiences of individuals whose unyielding commitment, focus, and determination have resulted in achievements beyond expectation inspire us and often provide us hope as we go through challenges of our own. The selection of the 2013 Freedom Award recipients has been focused on individuals who have exhibited absolute resolve in the support of the traditional American values of family, freedom, God, and country. They join an impressive list of previous recipients who have each demonstrated a unique contribution to the cause of the freedoms guaranteed in the US Constitution and these cherished American values.
This year’s Gala will be held at one of downtown Provo’s newest landmarks—the Utah Valley Convention Center. Get a first-hand look at this beautiful new facility and join us for a formal evening of fine dining and entertainment. The highlight of the event will be the honoring of four individuals who have each, in their own way, shown the importance of commitment—to a spouse, to duty, to a sure knowledge of God, and to their fellowman.
- Tickets will be $50/person and may be ordered starting June 3.
- Seating is open (no table assignments).
- Reservations are required. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- Tickets will be available to the public by contacting the Festival office at 801-818-1776 starting Monday, June 3.
- Orders may be placed by phone (801-818-1776) or by going to the Festival office (4626 N. 300 W., Suite 300, Provo). No online ordering is available.
- There will be a $5.00 fee per order for tickets that are mailed out.
- Deadline for ordering tickets needing to be mailed will be Friday, June 21, at 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, June 25 @ 5:00 p.m. for tickets being picked up at the Festival office.
- Payment by cash or check preferred. Credit cards also accepted.
2013 FREEDOM AWARD RECIPIENTS
H. DAVID BURTON
Emeritus General Authority, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
He administered LDS Church humanitarian efforts for 17 years as the Presiding Bishop.
COLTON BURPO AND FAMILY
Subject of best-selling book, “Heaven is for Real”
Sharing the message of God’s reality and ongoing concern for us
PEGGY S. HARRIS
World War II widow, waited 62 years to find out the fate of her husband.
She was a military aircraft electrical instrument mechanic during WWII.
WILLIAM “BILL” P. DUMAS
Marine Corp/Korean War Veteran, Personal attaché to “Chesty” Puller.
Fought at Inchon Landing, Chosin Reservoir, Pork Chop Hill.
Chairperson(s): Vicki Garbutt - email@example.com